Wednesday 31 May (13h00-14h00 CET). Article 7 and Annex C of the Minamata Convention provide the framework for parties to take action on reducing and eliminating mercury use in artisanal and small-scale gold mining (ASGM). The session will summarize these requirements, status of party National Action Plan submissions, next steps on implementation, and how to get more information.
- Marianne Bailey (Programme Management Officer for Capacity-building and Technical Assistance, Secretariat of the Minamata Convention)
- Richard Gutierrez (Programme Management Officer, Secretariat of the Minamata Convention)
- Manoela Pessoa de Miranda (Programme Management Officer, Secretariat of the Minamata Convention)
- Malgorzata Stylo (Associate Programme Management Officer, UNEP Chemicals and Health Branch)
- Susan Keane (Global Coordinator, planetGOLD)