The Specific International Programme to support Capacity Building and Technical Assistance (SIP) is one of the two components of the financial mechanism of the Minamata Convention on Mercury, together with the Global Environment Facility (GEF). It was defined by Article 13 of the Convention, and in 2017 the First Conference of the Parties (COP-1) decided on its duration and the arrangements for its operation (Decision MC-1/6). As requested by decision MC-1/6, UNEP established the Specific Trust Fund, effective 1 January 2018, to receive funds for the SIP.
The Minamata Convention Secretariat is mandated to maintain on its website information regarding projects funded by its financial mechanism, including those funded by the Specific International Programme (SIP) for Capacity-building and Technical Assistance.
This dashboard visualizes projects funded in the rounds of applications to the SIP. It will be regularly updated with the aim of making key data and relevant information on all approved SIP projects as accessible, clear and informative as possible.
This section will be further developed, seeking to connect the projects to the parties' profiles, thus giving a more comprehensive view of all the components at the global and national levels.
- We recommend taking advantage of the full-screen mode (click the icon at the bottom-right corner) to have a better view of the current contents of the report page.
- You may also wish to use the focus mode to zoom in on only one visual, to take a closer look at it (hover your mouse over the visual and click the icon at the top-right corner). You can always click ‘Back to report’ button to return to the previous page.
- You also have drop-down menu for five slicers on top of your report page to filter data. Select one or multiple items and see the interaction between visuals across report pages. Multiple selections in check boxes are allowed only when CTRL or Command + click is used. Remember to click again to deselect the item(s).
- For the column chart on ‘project approval status’ on page 1, there is a data hierarchy (note icon at the top-right corner). You can always drill-up to see approval status by SIP rounds, or drill down to see approval status by regional group or simply expand all down to see the status by SIP rounds and regional groups.
- There are four pages in this report. Click on the next page icon (at the bottom) and explore more.